Fall is here!
The weather is finally turning. We love the change of seasons as it gives us a chance to change the type of clothing we wear. Sweaters, jackets, coat, scarves and boots are a refreshing change from our summer wardrobes.
ADORE is already selling outwear… this just proves how ready we all are for some brisk weather. We have some great brand new inventory- long sweaters that can be worn instead of coat. Some are fur trimmed, lace trimmed, or trimmed with hardware and as usual we have a huge selections of jackets.
We also have more than several consigned furs from vintage Persian lambs and stoles to more newer minks… with very varied price points. Get ready to snuggle! -the perfect price for something that is glamorous but that you do not always get to wear everyday.
Attention holiday shoppers: Mid November through December, we will have a small men’s gift department focusing on wallets, belts, gloves, and other small like new accessories. And do not forget our 2nd annual BLING Night on Dec. 1st!
Fashion Spark August 12, 2010
The past few months were crazy with lots of great changes as well as our involvement with fashionSPARK. Stylist, Katie Little put together a great show and we look forward to partnering with her in the future. Although I loved most all the looks that hit the runway, here are a few of my favorites (in no particular order).
- The metal fashions of Zac Schell… Oh to be 20 (or 30) again. I loved them on runway last year and after meeting Zac this year, I think I am going to persuade myself to get one of his skirts (to be worn with leggings of course)! He is a great guy and his fashions are cutting edge, sexy and got the crowd so excited.
- Jess Pati… elegance at its finest. We are thrilled to have one of their dresses in our Cary window! When their creations hit the runway, there was a hush. Amazing… from the black short embellished dress with the high collar to the flowing ivory silk gown, I was breathless. (Amazing looking designers themselves, I must say- they should have been modeling!- oh and they are really nice too.)
- Good Girls Studio… OK I am officially addicted. Funny, designer Johanna Ely called this collection Rehab Diva. Her jewelry walked alone (as did another favorite of mine, Jaclyn Anthony Designs) and that in itself is a feat. Oh, the baubles did not prance unencumbered in space- some gorgeous models plainly dressed, carrying martini glasses, ushered them along. As a proud owner of some of her pieces I was so excited. And then the next day at the fashionSPARK shop downtown where I was supposed to be working/managing… well I think my shopping bag from her tent contained 4 or 5 more pieces. Each is unique, and reconstructed from vintage jewelry, findings, and treasures- all art unto themselves. Did I mention how much I love Johanna herself? I think you get it. (Oh, and we do represent some of her pieces at ADORE so come see them.)
- Gabrielle Dugan is more of an artist than a designer and her part of the show was almost a little creepy (“in a good way”). She seems to specialize in hand knits and wools. I am personally in love with a black wool skirt that drapes and folds and changes. I had the pleasure to examine it- all hand stitched and I just may have to splurge!
- Ahpeele has great urban graphic designs. Like Raleigh Denim (who also walked again this year), which is another successful Raleigh based line, they are both run by a husband/wife team. I love that!! (Hear that Rob?) Their look this year seemed to scream comfort while still looking so hip.
- The line DANA came out and I love designer Lauren Dana Boyton’s sherbet floor length knit dress as well as a great sky blue flow of a top. She seems to love a simple drape… and it reminded me of the sea.
- I got to meet Molly Anderson of Molly Beads and fell in love with the simplicity of some of her pieces…jewelry that to me showcases the beauty of the stones and beads she uses. I just loved the aqua blue with the gold- striking! She was featured in our store window too, but someone begged to buy all her pieces so I think a business relationship has been born! Look forward to more of her work being featured at ADORE.
- Pilar Ramirez of Ramor did the most amazing, colorful vibrant jewelry all made from orange peels! Like a leather type fabric, she molds and dyes them with organic based dyes. Absolutely beautiful jewelry that does not waste a thing. Her exuberance for her product is well deserved!
- DOMINO was wild and I loved the vitality of them too. I wish I could go on about everyone…